Department of Dairy Science
The Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences and the Department of Dairy Science have joined to form the School of Animal Sciences.
As we work through various aspects of this change, the DASC website will continue to operate through the end of 2022 - 2023 academic year.
Learn more about the newly formed School of Animal Sciences.
CALS Events Calendar
- Apr 04 Course Request Closes Course request closes Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Apr 21 Capstone Symposium Come see what our students have been up to! Capstone Experience posters will be presented on the 3rd floor of Litton-Reaves and students will be available to discuss their projects.
- Apr 29 Little All-American Dairy Show & Banquet Registration link coming soon.
- Apr 30 100th Annual Little International Learn to show beef cattle, sheep, swine, and/or horses. Registration Deadline: March 8, 2023. Spectators are welcome, but please RSVP using the registration link.
- May 15 Hokie Cow Classic Golf Tournament Proceeds from the HCC support travel costs of the Virginia 4H Teams, Virginia Tech Dairy Challenge and Judging Teams, as well as funding scholarships and student recruiting.
***Calendars for DASC and APSC are now merged as we move forward as the School of Animal Sciences.***
For additional dairy specific extension activities, visit vtdairy.dasc.vt.edu.
CALS Events Calendar
- Mar 30 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: Gabriela Perez-Hernandez | Title: "Transcriptome analysis of the bovine mammary gland under heat stress conditions"
- Mar 31 The Reproductive Biology Club Seminar Series Work in Progess Presentations. The Edwards Lab - Speakers: Abigayle Pollack, MS Student & Megan Mills, MS Student
- Apr 06 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: Mark Ellett | Title: "Beating the Heat With a Slick Hair Coat"
- Apr 13 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: John McGehee | Title: "Comparison of physiological responses within the mammary gland to E. coli and S. aureus"
- Apr 27 108 Etgen Large Animal Learning Center, Plantation Road Dairy Science Graduate Seminar Speaker: Ana Lima | Title: "Lipolysis during the transition period"
Dairy Science News...