We would like to introduce the six amazing students selected in December to serve as our Dairy Science Student Ambassadors!
Student Ambassadors assist with undergraduate recruitment--open houses, student visits, admissions weekends, etc. Lizzie Davis, a senior in the department, developed the application process, structure, and training for the student ambassadors in a fall semester independent study course. Annemarie will be the head student ambassador and coordinate the student ambassador schedules and meetings.
- Brittany Bowman is a junior from Mt. Jackson, VA
- Whitney Bowman is a junior from Mt. Jackson, VA (yes, they are twins!)
- Annemarie Bresson is a junior from Reston, VA
- Andrew Laffey is a junior from Cochranville, PA – his family farm is Glenville Dairy Farm
- Hannah Van Dyk is a freshman from Tulare, CA- her family owns dairy cattle under the Shining-Star Holstein & Jersey prefix
- Vivian Yang is a junior from Columbia, MD
We are excited to have these students helping to recruit the best and brightest dairy, animal, and STEM interested students to the Department of Dairy Science!